Friday 31 May 2013

Growing our own vegetables is like growing our own money

Growing up, we always had vegetables fresh from the garden everyday. This year, we have decided to grow as many vegetables as we possibly can fit in out small garden.





Last year we had a problem with white butterfly lavae munching on the green leaves. So this year, we are adamant we will not share our vegetables with them so hubby came up with the idea of covering the vegetable patch with netting. Seems to be working so far. (trying to stay away from using chemicals to control pests) Keeping our fingers crossed.








 To aid grown, we used the Rootgrow seaweed (hubby loves researching and reading up reviews and this came with good reviews so we gave it a go).















The results were A.MA.Z.I.N.G

I cant wait for the other veg to grow and GET COOKING! I will be posting pictures and recipes of the goodies I will be cooking with my fresh from the garden veg.






2 comments:

  1. Chipo Sekeramayi31 May 2013 at 18:50

    I love your work, you are such an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete