Friday 31 May 2013

Cake Pops


 Last year, I got hooked on the 'cake pop' craze that hit the caking community. I tried the crumbling cake and moulding pops by hand method and found the pops ended up too sweet for my liking. I also found the whole process quite tedious so I invested in a cake pop mould.


For the actual cake pops I use the following ingredients and do the creaming method:

175g butter
175g Flour
175g Caster sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 teaspoons water



I spray the mould with cake release before adding spoonfuls of cake batter into the bottom section (without the holes). I then put the 'lid' on and bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes and voila, perfectly formed round cake balls.

Once cooled,  dip cakepop stick into melted chocolate and push into a cake ball. Refrigerate for a few minutes for the chocolate 'glue' to harden. Then dip the pops into melted chocolate and once chocolate is set, decorate with contrasting chocolate.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment